Community

Christmas Past

By Huckleberry Press / December 12, 2020 /

Christmas was always special when I was a kid. My folks were both creative, my mother with her sewing and my father always had a project on down in his basement woodworking shop.

Read More

How You Can Help Seniors Live Fuller and Happier Lives

By Huckleberry Press / December 7, 2020 /

Older generations are our link to the past, and they have helped raise us to be the people we are today. So, we owe it to them to ensure that their needs are met, both inside and outside of their homes.

Read More

Feel, grieve, grow

By Huckleberry Press / December 7, 2020 /

My Gran turned 90 years old in October. She’s had 90 years of human experience.

Read More

Gingerbread Playdough

By Huckleberry Press / November 28, 2020 /

I love gingerbread playdough because it smells so nice and it also doesn’t leave your hands nearly as dry as ordinary playdough, and it’s easy to make.

Read More

Spokane Fall Folk Festival Embraces the Virtual World

By Huckleberry Press / November 12, 2020 /

It’s become a sign of the times. Annual festivals we are accustomed to attending annually have had to cancel their events or make drastic changes.

Read More

Thanksgiving 2020

By Huckleberry Press / October 19, 2020 /

Butterfly turkey with fennel, leeks, sausage, and ricotta stuffing! What? Yes. That’s what I’m making for 14 of us tomorrow for Thanksgiving

Read More

The Gifts of Provision

By Huckleberry Press / October 18, 2020 /

At the beginning of my faith walk my spiritual mentor and friend, a student minister named Frank Meyer, got me started in a scripture memory program offered by the “Navigators Ministry”.

Read More

Bubble bubble…

By Huckleberry Press / October 16, 2020 /

Bubbles used to make me think of soap bubbles blown by children at play. This spring I gained a new definition of a social bubble.

Read More

“Give us this day our daily bread”

By Huckleberry Press / September 17, 2020 /

I got a new perspective on home as I looked over a picture of a husband and wife embraced at the foundation of their house that burned to the ground and of the picture of a mom sobbing into her grown son’s arms standing in the ashen remains of their community.

Read More

Turn and face the Strange Ch-Ch-Changes

By Huckleberry Press / August 20, 2020 /

The season is changing. Shorter days. Cool mornings. Summer is fading way making way for fall’s bounties. The heat lovers and sun worshippers feel this change with sadness, but not me.

Read More